Sunday, September 28, 2008

Speaking of 'all it's crazy'

My god the people! I went to Harajuku Sunday for the second time, the first time it rained and we left in a hurry (or at least in as much of a hurry as we could in a sea of umbrellas). It was a beautiful day and since Sunday is THE day to see the random assortments of people, I made my triumphant return! First of all, Harajuku is a place where the youth of Tokyo tend to gather. They dress up in their best and, more often than not, their weirdest clothes and go to Harajuku to (for lack of a better word) show off. You don't just see trendy styles but styles from the fifties, gothic styles (and no, not like the American goth styles. American goths look formal compared to these masters fo the ideal) and the horribly misunderstood lolitta style (think Little Bo Peep, add more frills, more bows, and maybe even more black and you're getting there).

So I found the place where these exhibitionists like to congregate and I was surprised, but loved every second of it. These people loved to pose for pictures and were out there for hours. I also walked towards some music in the areea and found a couple of different groups of people dancing and singing to different music. There was a group of guys that were dressed like the greasers and dancing to Elvis-type music then there were a group of guys and girls with clothes from the sixties and dancing to really early rock music. overall it was a great trip and I saw a crazier side of Japan. That's all I have now... bye bye

No comments: