Friday, November 7, 2008

Future Boy, He's really Unbelievable!

Before I was merely fourteen hours ahead of the central time zone in which you all consider your home, but being bored with such a pittance of a difference, as the rest of you stood still for one hour, I moved onward through the space-time continuum and am now fifteen hours in the future. Thus I present to you... Future Boy(based on a real TV show back in the day, here in Japan, probably based on someone much like myself)!

I haven't accomplished too much in the last week or so. the main event was a going away party (better know here as a さようなら party) that we held for one of the teachers who had been here for over a year. It was defiantly a good time had by all! We went to a restaurant and ordered in true Japanese party tradition (everyone orders a thing or so that they want and when it comes it all gets passed around). I'll admit that there were some things that I didn't know what I was eating, and some things that the Japanese people didn't know either, but nothing was bad. After spending a couple hours and a decent amount of money there some people left and the rest of us went to a different restaurant where the main course was the booze (sake is gooood). All in all we were out for about seven hours and had a lot to drink, but we sent her off in quite the fashion!

Tomorrow I'm going to go to a town that is famous for making paper and I'm going to check out the processes that they use to get the leaves and such in the paper. I'm actually fairly excited about paper! It should be a good time. Even though this was quite short, until next time...

No comments: